The on-demand revolution has impacted almost every territory of our lives, but there might be people who may not need a particular service. However, everyone with a home needs to essentially use handyman services, and without a question, Uber for handyman app is sure to be a hit not just commercially but also culturally.
How often have you been in a situation where we needed a plumber and we were not able to find one? How frustrating it is when we come to know that that is an excellent plumber who just lives a couple of streets away? Let us flip sides! How frustrating it would be for a plumber to know that someone had a need for their services, but we’re not able to find them? It is a revenue opportunity for the plumber and also, services made it easy for the person who needs services.
Just like any other on-demand service, the app like Uber for handyman service connects the demand with the supply through a simple but comprehensive mobile application.
Your on-demand handyman app can offer a variety of services including but not limited to appliance repair, carpet and upholstery maintenance, electrical works, carpentry, heating and cooling, lawn maintenance, automobile works, plumbing works, junk removal, and a lot more.
It is astonishing to uncover the humongous market that lies for handyman services when you try to organize the sector. More often than not, availing of handyman services was either through social contacts or by visibility. You either needed to see a shop that facilities the service, or know someone who can get the job done.
Although many of them would not like to admit, they might have even tried fixing their electrical appliance or shower by themselves. In addition to them trying to trail a dangerous territory that they are not used to the job is also cumbersome, demanding, and messy.
An on-demand handyman app effectively addresses all these areas. The market is worth about $870 billion and is expected to grow at about 52% until 2022. It is only a small part of the on-demand economy that attracts more than 22.4 million customers and contributes to about $57.6 billion in spending.
New York Times states that the home service online sector is worth about $600 billion and is expected to grow by almost 49% by 2021. The market is all set to breach the billion-dollar mark by 2025.
For a business that enables requesting handyman services on demand through a mobile, there are quite some avenues of profitability. The business can make a profit by charging a commission for every service facilitated. They can also have sponsored listings to list the professional above the organic results for enhanced visibility. In addition, they can also run the ads provided by both iOS and Android on their ecosystems and based on clicks or impressions.
Embarking on handyman app development
Given these market parameters and the diversity in terms of profitability, it is only natural that an expiring entrepreneur would want to start a business of an on-demand handyman app. The process of on-demand handyman app development, however, might take a lot of effort if done from scratch.
In addition to costing a lot of time and money, the end product might not necessarily be free from bugs. Alternatively, you can consider going for a white label on-demand handyman app clone. A white label Clone script is easy to customize, and also saves you a considerable amount of time and money. At a time when the competition is cutthroat and the time to hit the market is of crucial importance in determining your profitability, a white label solution comes in as a big bliss.
Even if you were to go for a white label solution, it is important to know the essential features of an on-demand handyman app. Since the on-demand handyman app is in essence, and Uber for handyman app, the same business model applies here as well. This would mean that there are two distinct apps for the user and the professional.
The user app
It would not be an exaggeration to say that a user is the epicenter of the entire ecosystem. It is only for their demand that the entire app exists, and it is only based on their payment that the entire revenue system functions.
- The user should be able to easily sign up for the services and without any hassle. They should be able to sign up using multiple options like phone number, email address, and legacy credentials like Google and Facebook.
- The signing up should automatically create a profile for them that will list all the services available, the history of payments, their reviews, and all other bits of information.
- The user should be able to request services without any hassle. They should be able to add a few addresses which they commonly use including their homes and offices. They should be able to quickly choose the specific service they want and order for a professional to perform their services at the comfort and confines of their homes.
- Adding a search and filter functionality will enhance the user experience. It will help the user zero down precisely on the service and the professional they will need.
- If need be, they should also be able to schedule appointments on a calendar so they can plan their day accordingly.
- The user should be able to make payments without any difficulty. The app should be tied up with versatile payment service providers like PayPal, Stripe, and Braintree.
- The user should be provided with a panic button that will help in alerting certain people like their close contacts and the nearby police in addition to the app business.
The user-friendliness of the app can be enhanced by adding certain features like free cancellation, incorporation of augmented reality for services like painting, and by providing tips and DIY tutorials.
The professional app
More often than not, professionals might either depend on the app for their livelihood completely or might look at the engagements facilitated through the app as an additional source of income. In either case, they should be provided with an app that goes in line with the requirements of the professional to make the entire process easy and simple.
- Just like the user, the professional should also be able to easily sign up for the services. The sign-up process, however, should have additional requirements like adding their skill sets, talking about their experience, and qualifying themselves through credentials and certifications. If you want to go from one country to another like New York to California you should take an Apostille in California.
- In the on-demand economy, these professionals, just like Uber drivers, are gig workers. They should be given the flexibility to choose their work. They should also be given the choice to accept or reject any requests for work that they might get.
- Since these professionals are looking for an alternate source of income the payment made through the app should be credited to their bank accounts at the earliest.
- The professionals should have different programs that can help them get bonuses, so they will spread the word about the app.
The common areas
There are a few features common to both the user and the professional app.
- Both of them should be able to mutually review and rate each other, so the entire ecosystem is kept democratic and healthy. This will ensure that no party misbehaves with or mistreats the other.
- One of the biggest advantages of the entire on-demand ecosystem is the precision in location assisted by GPS and mapping. The GPS should help the professional in preaching the location of the user and should help the user and keeping a tab of the exact location of the professional.
- Both the user and the professional should be able to communicate with each other over a chat enable within the app. If need be, there should also be a facility to make a call and the call should be routed through the app.
The administrator is responsible for keeping up the sanity of the app. They should be provided with features that help them manage all the features of the app without any hassle.
- The administrator dashboard should give a snapshot of all the vital statistics. The dashboard should include pieces of information like the total revenue, the total number of active orders, the number of active professionals, and the general review and rating.
- The administrator is responsible for customer support. If needed, they should be able to delegate customer support to a specific team.
- The administrator also holds the power to enable, disable, or suspend users and professionals based on their behavior.
- The admin is also responsible for the content on the app including but not limited to promotions and offers.
- The administrator should manage the financial aspects of the app like the management of payments to the professionals.
Now that the profitability and practicality of the on-demand handyman services app has been established, all that is left for an aspiring entrepreneur is to approach a company that specializes in the creation and customization of an handyman app like Uber. They will take care to understand your requirement and craft the handyman services on-demand app in line with your business needs, so you can launch your app in a space that provides a considerable promise of profitability.