Last year, Sydney welcomed nearly 40 million foreign and domestic tourists. A massive chunk of them went to the city to visit landmarks such as the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge, St. Mary’s Cathedral, and the Royal Botanic Gardens. Although tourism is a significant growth driver for Sydney, the other sectors contributing greatly to its economy are the financial sector, services, manufacturing, real estate, and banking, among others.
However, whatever industry you are in, you need a working website to help drive traffic and profits to your business. A working website is different from a digital address. The latter is a static site that only gives you an online presence. With the help of SEO Sydney services Australia, you can make your website work for you 24/7, well after you have closed down your physical store for the day.
Opportunities and Pitfalls of Building a Content Strategy
You do not need to rush in with populating your website with content without a bulletproof plan. Here are some tips that will help you minimise the risks and improve your chances of meeting your ROI:
- Do know your target audience – Knowing who they are and what they need would make it easier for you to customise content that would resonate with them better.
- Do know your vision – You have to know the big picture, so you do not lose sight of your goals when you implement little projects and marketing campaigns to reach out to as many customers as possible.
- Do understand the marketing funnel – The sales funnel refers to your customer’s journey from searching online, making a decision, and completing the purchase. How do they pass through the funnel, and what prompts them to stop or finish the process?
- Do not forget your keywords – Organic search hinges on strong keyword phrases so that your customers can find you from the 1.7 billion websites on the internet today.
- Do not stuff your content with keywords – Once you find the relevant keywords, do not just pepper your blogs and articles keywords at the expense of clarity, relevance, and most importantly, resolution.
- Do engage your visitors – Your content should have a feedback mechanism to encourage inputs from visitors. They are more likely to voice out their opinions when they feel that their point of view is important to you. The feedback mechanism is what makes Facebook great. But there is no reason you cannot build a community using your business website.
- Do not cut corners – Understandably, small businesses would be worried about their budget. But the worst you can do is to compromise. You choose an SEO company because it is cheap instead of the track record. In the end, you will be wasting your money anyway because the company could not deliver.
- Do seek the help of experts – While content marketing can be learned, the learning curve is quite high. You might not have the luxury to maximise the full potential of your website. But you can shortcut the process with the help of experienced SEO Sydney services Australia. They can customise a content strategy for you to meet your goals at the shortest possible time.
One of the crucial elements of a successful SEO campaign is your on-site content. You can have the prettiest website, but your all that money that goes to cosmetics would ring hollow without an effective content strategy.
Author Bio: Nora George is a freelance writer who offers to ghostwrite, copywriting, and blogging services. She works closely with B2C and B2B businesses providing digital marketing content that gains social media attention and increases their search engine visibility.