Mobility products are the ones, which are used by those people who have problem in walking. People suffering from injuries in legs or other parts can use these predicts to move freely. These products are also used by old people who do not have so much strength to walk on their foot. In this regard, you can use some mobility products to get proper supports and you can find such products online. But, before you use such mobility products, you must consult your doctor and he can suggest the best product according to your requirements.
Canes: Choose the Best Mobility Cranes
Canes are a mobility aid, which are used to support body weight. The weight on the leg is transmitted to upper body. People have to give more pressure through hands and wrists. People who face problems in balancing themselves can use assistive canes. Canes are of many types, which are as follows.
- White Canes: These canes are made for those people who have visual problems. The thin and long canes help the users to detect nearby objects coming in their path. Other people also come to know that these people have problem in seeing.
- Quad Canes: The end of the can has four feet, which provides good amount of stability to the users. If you have any issue in your lower body then you can use this crane to move.
- Forearm Canes: These canes help in distribution of the weight from wrists to forearms. Foldable and adjustable canes are also available and people can use them as per their comfort.
Why would you Use Crutches as the Mobility Products?
People can use these mobility products to transfer their weight from legs to upper body. People can use single or a pair of crutches as per their requirement and comfort. People can walk upright with their help. People having temporary or permanent injuries can use this product. You can find various kinds of crutches in the market and here you can find some of them:
- Underarm or Axillary Crutches: This cage is kept under armpits and there is a grip, which people have to hold to balance themselves. People having injuries, which will be healed shortly can use such crutches.
- Lofstrand or Forearm Crutches: In this type of crutch, the forearm is put inside the metal cuff and the crutch can be held by the grip. People whose injury takes long time to cure can use this type of crutches.
- Platform Crutches: These crutches consist of a horizontal platform on which the forearm rests. People having weak handgrip can use these crutches. The grip can become weak due to arthritis.
Walkers are made from metal and the framework consists of four legs. These walkers are also called Zimmer frames. These are very stable and old age people or people suffering from leg injury can use it.
- Rollators: This walker consists of four wheels, handlebars, and a seat, which are included in a frame and user can sit and rest or drive it to from one place to another. Handbrakes are also included in the frame so that user can stop it.
- Knee Walkers: This walker consists of a pad and users can rest their knees on it. The walker also includes wheels, which helps the users to move in any direction they like.
- Walker-Cane Hybrids: This walker consists
of two legs and people can use it one or both hands. This walker
provides more support in comparison to the cane.
These are some of the mobility products, which people with disabilities can use to move from one place to another. The disabilities can be temporary or permanent and people can sue accordingly. These products are a good option for old and aged people.