The year 2020 as ever sharply raises the question of women with what to wear pumps. Indeed, this season this model will be one of the most trendy. Timeless classics, sophisticated in any color, it is comfortable, and therefore for many years the boats have remained the favorite footwear of most of the most famous fashion designers.
And although these shoes have an impressive history, as well as many options for combinations with different styles of wardrobe, many women still have doubts about certain outfits. Let’s decide once and for all what to wear with pumps!
How to choose the right pumps?
This shoe appeared in the 19th century, and a century later won the hearts of women all over the world. Pumps are still relevant today. They perfectly combine elegance, beauty and convenience. They sit amazingly on the foot thanks to the optimal rise, natural curves and diminutive size of the last. Pumps have long been part of the basic wardrobe. Every fashionista has at least one pair in her fur high heel boots collection. Most often, black pumps are purchased, they can be worn with anything.
Pumps are versatile classic shoes that can complement any look, except for a sporty one. The main advantages are considered to be:
- variability – choose any stylistic direction and color;
- diminutiveness – they look neat on the leg;
- excellent compatibility with any things;
- the ability to visually add a few centimeters of growth to the owner, thereby correcting her figure;
- versatility – they are suitable for everyday wear and social events.
Classic stiletto heels are an example of elegance and femininity (at any age). Choosing these shoes, young girls look graceful, and mature beauties are simply luxurious. When buying, only two questions arise: what to wear with pumps and how to walk in them longer without unpleasant sensations. Long-term wear causes discomfort, pain in the feet. If you have to stay on your feet all day, choose a low heel. You will feel confident and look attractive.
Tapered toe boats are a classic option. Shoes of this modification women are called “tonsils” or “chisel”. They complement an elegant look. Depending on fashion trends, the length and angle of the cape changes. Sometimes, in order to make a splash, designers go to extremes. For example, they offer too long sharp cape shapes or very short ones – both are completely unsuitable for everyday wear. The best choice for a flawless look is a medium length and not too sharp an angle. What to wear with these pumps? They look amazing with a variety of trousers, tight and wide skirts, and most dresses.
Note for women with large feet: avoid a too narrow cape, it makes the foot longer.
The rounded cape is a variation of the narrow one that appeared in the mid-sixties of the last century. It is similar in shape to children’s shoes, but it looks pretty cute, makes the image softer. Suitable for women with any foot size. Looks attractive on narrow, medium and wide feet.
Heel height and shape
To complete the look, just choose the style and color of the shoes. They help beauties to reveal femininity and charm. Boat models differ from each other in the shape and height of the heel.
The calculation is based on the golden mean method. The calculated heel height lengthens the legs by an amount that shows the ideal ratio of leg length to overall height. The indicator will not be large. Remember, the wrong heel is detrimental to the condition of the musculoskeletal system.
Women’s shoes are able to complete the image, give it individual features. When choosing a suitable model, special attention should be paid not only to heels and toes, but also to the sole.
In the manufacture of high-heeled pumps, a classic thin sole is taken. The model is in great demand, because on her feet she looks feminine and graceful. You can wear such pumps, whatever your heart desires. They are a win-win combination with classic, business and evening dresses.
Choose a hidden platform if you plan to move around comfortably throughout the day. In some models, such a sole looks solid with a slight rise under the heel, in others – as a separate element repeating the area of the cape. A high heel, raised by an inch in the area of the pads under the toes, will not lead to unpleasant painful sensations at the end of the day.
When buying shoes, women need, in addition to beauty, to take care of the health of their feet. When choosing a model, you need to give preference to a comfortable last. Particular attention should be paid to:
- flexibility – soft sole helps to improve blood circulation;
- Thickness – The thick sole is suitable for long walks.
Look for shoes made from natural materials for foot health. Pay attention to a quality insole. It should absorb moisture well, not allowing your feet to sweat. With a well-chosen sole, you will not feel discomfort, even walking in heels from morning to evening.
An important criterion for choosing shoes is material. It must correspond to the situation, look attractive, perform certain functions. Shoes should not cause allergic reactions. High-quality shoes retain their original appearance, withstand mechanical stress and friction.
In the manufacture of shoes are mainly used:
- Leather. This material designed to be worn for a long time. It does not impede air circulation, but repels water. Looks impressive. The leather can dyed and used to create shoe models of various colors. It is easy and quick to look after her. Clean your genuine leather shoes with a damp cloth, and then apply special protective products.
- Artificial leather. Outwardly, it is similar to natural, only it loses its attractive appearance much faster. Does not lend itself to mechanical stress. It is not breathable, which makes the legs sweat a lot. Artificial leather shoes have a rich palette of colors. It can washed with a damp cloth and can be dried gently. If it starts to flake off, it recommended to use solid color restorers.
The subtleties of choosing pumps
When choosing an image, be guided by public figures: actresses, singers, blog creators. Take a closer look at what the celebrity wears with the pumps and copy some details. The basic rule – do not break the laws of combinatorics, so as not to look ridiculous.
Pumps fit perfectly into any look. They will complement clothes in a classic style – trouser suits, sheath dresses, fitted skirts, jackets. High stiletto heels are combined with dramatic and romantic styles, while not vulgarizing the look. Do you focus on casual? Be sure to complement your look with pumps with medium stiletto heels or low heels.
If you want to stand out and are not afraid to experiment, take a closer look at embellished shoes. An accent piece can be a notched edge, a buckle, or a few crystals. Decorative elements look best on non-classic models. For example, coarse buckles will perfectly complement tall combat boots with square toes and a high, massive platform. Get some color block shoes. They are the best combination of classic shape and bright, extraordinary colors.
Pumps are a versatile shoe to go with almost any look. However, there are several nuances, considering which, you can keep the style. Let’s figure out what you can’t wear pumps with.
- With socks. The trend has long lost its relevance. And on the territory of Russia, shoes with socks are perplexing. They look as ridiculous as sandal socks.
- With open toes – if they look out of the neckline, the shoes on the foot look unattractive.
- With large side clearance. Don’t wear worn-out shoes. This makes the appearance unaesthetic and can threaten you with injury.
How to wear stiletto pumps?
The favorite model of women’s shoes is stiletto heels. They look especially sophisticated, they add elegance to the leg. If the heel is of the optimal height (7–8 cm), the shoe model is suitable for work, a special event and a noisy party. For every day, it is better to choose a stable, low heel. Boats with a thin stiletto heel, when worn for a long time, cause discomfort, fatigue in the legs, and swelling.
Below is information on how to combine different color pumps with your clothing styles.
- Business women should pay attention to models of neutral shades with a rounded toe and 7–8 cm stiletto heels. Among the options for wearing beige pumps, there are popular formal suits with a classic jacket and pencil skirt, trousers, and midi skirts. It is customary to combine shoes in a business look with tights that match the skin tone. This technique will make the image solid and attractive.
- Business women prefer dark colored shoes. They wonder what to wear with blue pumps. The perfect combination can be obtained with nude tights and a formal suit in the color of the shoes.
What to wear with flat pumps?
Among mature women and young girls, pumps without heels are popular. Most of the models are presented with a closed heel and a slightly pointed nose. There is a wide selection of colors in stores, but universal shades are most in demand.
We will reveal the secret of what to wear with white pumps without heels. In summer, they look great with pleated skirts, airy dresses, jeans and denim shorts. Eye-catching shades of shoes (for example, “fuchsia”) will help you create a bright and stylish look. Feel free to include such models in your look, even if it already has the selected shade.
4 options for how to wear thick-heeled pumps
How to wear spiked pumps?
Valentino Studded Pumps have won the hearts of women around the world with their uniqueness. Almost every collection of fashionable ladies’ shoes from various manufacturers contains analogues of a well-known brand.
For a catchy and stylish look, combine pumps with spikes and:
- skinny jeans, chiffon blouse or stylish top;
- classic shorts, plain shirt or blouse;
- cocktail dresses with a short puffy skirt;
- cropped trousers, leather biker jacket;